Friday 16 March 2012

Inspiration for a girls room - The final reveal

Ashten's room is nearly complete.  The new desk is in place, and I found some accessories that fit in perfectly with the new look.  I have taken some photos to give you a better idea of how the room has come together. 

The new chest of drawers was also painted to match the bed.  I bought this to give Ashten more storage space for her ever growing wardrobe. 


The headboard idea was very easy to construct.  Wood moulding was cut to make a frame a little wider than the width of the bed.  I wanted to reuse the wire dress wall art in her room since it contributed to the vintage feel. 


I was so happy to come across the crown and glass slipper pictured here.  I placed these items on the top of the bookcase to make a casual vignette.  When displaying items it is best placed in groups of 3 or 5.  This is a good guideline to follow, as it really is the most aesthetically pleasing.


The framed cork board provides a place for her to keep reminders or photos.  The detailed frame mimics the headboard. 


In order to add some more display area and place to keep small items, I hung up this small cabinet above the desk.  Of course it wasn't this shade when I bought it - this also needed to be painted to fit the colour scheme.  Ashten especially loves the green and purple combination used here. 

My plan was to paint and reupholster a Queen Anne style chair to complement the desk, however my efforts have not yet been successful.  For now she can use an office chair until a suitable one is found. 
The last piece I required to finish the room is a full length mirror to hang on the opposite wall.


I have ordered this poster to be hung on the wall beside the window.  It repeats the crown icon and is a trendy piece of art at the moment. 

I hope you have enjoyed following the progress of Ashten's room renewal.   It was an extremely fun project to work on.  If you are stuck and not sure where to begin when renewing your child's room please email me and I would be happy to help. 

linda@changesinteriordesign.ca

I am off for a family vacation next week, so when I get back I will be blogging about window treatments.  Have a great week and thanks for visiting!


No comments:

Post a Comment