Monday 20 February 2012

Welcome to Renew your rooms!

Thank you for stopping by! 

My goal here is to share some ideas to inspire you.  I know I am not the only one fascinated by the world of interior decorating.   Judging by all the sites on the topic, many of us are searching for that "little something extra" to add to the look of the rooms in our home. 

I have spent many hours captivated by the before and after photos of rooms we so often see.  I appreciate how things such as room layout, colour choice and just the right accessories can make a dramatic difference to a room.   
primroseandplum.co.uk

After spending many years obsessed with changing the look of rooms, I finally decided to follow my passion and make it a reality.  I am now a Certified Interior Decorator.  While I was attending classes I found that instead of just looking forward to graduating, I was truly enjoying the journey. 

Attending a few of the Interior Design Shows in Toronto just fuelled the fire!  There are so many possibilities for the interior of your home.  I am always curious about the newest materials, trends and colour palettes.   
 
So here I am sharing my interest in Interior Decorating with anyone who will listen....I am hoping you will respond by posting comments or photos of your favourite finds.  It will only result in the exchange of ideas and expand our knowledge. 

Having said all that – let’s move on to the good stuff, photos, ideas and links...

Stencilling

Many of you may be thinking of the stencils from years ago - a border placed just a few inches beneath the ceiling around the room, but I have found and some new ones that work quite well.  They are great used on an accent wall and look amazingly just like wallpaper when complete. 

Here using the hourglass stencil added just the right amount of interest to an otherwise plain wall.  The stencil is large (approx 2 x 3 ft) and easy to use with a trim roller.  There are a large number of other patterns at cuttingedgestencils.com.  They range from traditional to contemporary. 
Some other examples:
cuttingedgestencils.com
cuttingedgestencils.com

The nice thing about the stencils offered on this site is that the choices are not only limited to doing an entire wall, but also wall art such as this:
both images from cuttingedgestencils.com


Of course you are in no way limited to using neutral colours.   Bold colours such as those used in this example really make a statement.
cuttingedgestencils.com
The combination of colours and patterns are virtually endless. Using these as an accent wall works really well, but doing an entire room such as a small bathroom would give it alot of wow factor.  

In the past few years wallpaper has increased in popularity.  These stencils are a great alternative to wallpaper if that is not your forte.  Is there a wall in your home that needs a some new life?  A stencil could be the answer. 

Thanks for visiting!  I will be launching my website very shortly - please have a look when its up!



If you would like some assistance with renewing the look of your rooms please contact me at linda@changesinteriordesign.ca







 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Linda, great start to the world of blogging! I love your dining room that you posted a picture of with your stenciling, very classy. I look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete